Coronavirus update and travel policy
LAST UPDATE: 08/03/2022.
The third wave of Covid-19 in India is almost at an end, the total count of positive cases shows that the pandemic is currently at its lowest point in almost two years, that is, since mid-May 2020; however, there has been a slight spike in the last two weeks.
After two years, from 27/03/2022 India has resumed normal operations of international commercial flights. Domestic flights are fully operational. From 14/02/2022 the following guidelines for international arrivals are in force:
KEY POINTS ON ARRIVAL IN INDIA:
- Provide complete information on the self-declaration form on the Air Suvidha online portal (Air Suvidha Self Declaration Form | Fill Online (newdelhiairport.in) prior to your planned trip, including travel details of the last 14 days.
- Upload a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR report* (the test should have been conducted within 72 hours prior to the start of the trip) or a certificate of completion of the full primary vaccination schedule of the COVID-19 vaccination** (click here to check the list of countries – ListofCountries-24-03-2022.pdf (newdelhiairport.in))
- No mandatory testing on arrival and no separate list for countries at risk.
- Each passenger must also submit a declaration regarding the authenticity of the declaration and will be liable to criminal prosecution in case of false declarations.
- A percentage (2% of the total passengers on the flight) will be subjected to random tests after arrival at the airport. These travellers on each flight must be identified by the airlines concerned (preferably from different countries). After delivering the samples they will be able to leave the airport.
- If these travellers test positive, their samples will have to be further sent for genomic testing to the INSACOG laboratory network. Positive people should be treated/isolated as required by health protocols.
- For most countries the e-Visa is available and active on the portals (click here for the E visa) •
- In the event that a person has tested positive for a swab in the 72 hours prior to departure, Maragia express will not be held responsible for your boarding and the trip cannot be refunded.
- Monuments /Places of Attraction – All monuments and major attractions are open to all tourists.
- Restrictions: To date there are no restrictions and all markets, interstate travel etc. are open.